Here’s how to reset the lockout on a Worcester Heatsalve 20/25 boiler if it went lockout after the oil has run out:
EASY Worcester Heatslave 20/25 Lockout Fix
In many cases, it’s usually caused by a boiler that has lost it’s prime and you will need to follow the steps below:
When the burner fails to create a normal firing pattern or flame failure occurs the flame monitoring photocell mounted in the burner body and that will alert the burner control box to shut the burner down and that will proceed to become a safe lockout state indicated by the illumination of the lockout indicator.
- So, wait for 2 minutes then push the lockout reset button to begin another starter sequence. If it doesn’t start, push it a couple of more times until it does.
- Do this procedure again until the flame becomes established
- Start and run for 3 minutes then switch it off.
- Check the nozzle and see if there is any sigh of after-spurting from the nozzle, indicated by oil saturation on the combustion head.
- If after-spurting occurs:
- Release the burner retainers.
- Take away the burner, combustion electrodes and head, hold the burner verticalto, unscrew the nozzle and fill the nozzle holder with oil.
- Refit nozzle, electrodes, combustion head and the burner.
- Restart and run for 3-minute intervals until after-spurting stops.
- Start and run for 20 minutes.
Remember, burner lockout, like boiler lockout can also happen to your unit.
To solve this:
- Simply take off front panel
- Boiler reset is under the control dial fascia on left hand side.
- To reset the burner, take awy the silver cover off the burner (big silver box about 10″ square below the big red expansion vessel) and press the glowing button.
ALSO SEE: Worcester Heatslave 20/25 Lockout
Worcester Heatslave 20/25 – Can’t Locate Lockout Reset Button
- Take off the front facia cover
- Kneel down, then loom up on left hand side and you will see either a red button or nipple hidden from normal view, behind the control panel.
- That’s the little b*gger that you push to reset!
It sure would help us all if Worcesterput it on the front control panel
Hope this helps others.