White Film on Pool Surface after Shock? GET RID OF IT!

Spread the love

The white film on pool surface is known as white water mold. This is generally present in pools that use a biquinide system although it can happen in pools using chlorine too but it’s not so common. This is usually as a result of improper water balance in biquinide pool and chlorinated pool, and it just happens.

How to Treat White Film on Pool Surface

  • For Biquinide Pool

You should shock treat the pool with at least 2 gallons of shock per 10,000 gallons of water, and I advise using Bio Guard product known as Assist (CHECK ON AMAZON).

See also  [2 Tablets?] How Many Chlorine Tablets for 10ft Pool? SEE HERE!

Read the instructions on the container to use the assist.

ALSO SEE: How Long after Adding Stabilizer Can I Swim?

  • For chlorinated pool

We recommend triple shocking 3 lbs per 10,000 gallons of water. That should fix the issue, but ensure you shock the pool with 1 lb per 10,000 at least once every 7 weeks once the water temperatures reach 80 degrees.

Is there White Film on top of Pool Surface After Shock?

The white mucous you see now are naturally occurring fungus. It appears as a heavy, protective coating providing the organism with an exceptional high level of protection that is really resilient against non-halogen sanitizers and germicides, and halogen-based (chlorine, bromine).

See also  "SECRETS" on How to Pee in The Pool Without Being Noticed

At times, this organism can re-contaminate your water even after it has been long destroyed. That is because it is an overgrown Biofilms replicating itself on the surface and hiding in spots that aren’t easy to reach.

White Film on Pool Surface after Shock

How To Prevent White Stuff on Pool Surface?

The treatment to this mold is one that is both quick and thorough:

  • Clean all affected surface or area
  • Physically clean and get rid of all visible mucous like stuff floating on the suface
  • Next, in the prescribed algaecide dosage into your pool, and then shock it with a triple or even quadriple dose.
  • Then run the filter non-stop until the water become clear and its peroxide and halogen levels reach high levels, and then chemically clean it.
  • Take a water sample 4-5 days afterwards for a retest and evaluation, making sure that there’s a good water balance of total alkalinity pH and calcium hardness.

Author: Howard S. Baldwin

My name is Howard S. Baldwin. I am a work-at-home dad to three lovely girls, Jane + Hannah + Beauty. I have been blogging for the last 3 years. I worked for other Home and Lifetsyle blogs, did hundreds of product reviews and buyers’ guides. Prior to that, I was a staff accountant at a big accounting firm. Needless to say, researching and numbers are my passion. My goal is to be an informative source for any topic that relates to DIY life and homemaking.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *