There are lots of O ring lubricant substitutes out there that you can use.
Here are some:
DO NOT USE VASELINE! I caution against using anything petroleum related (especially with water), as it can damage some O-rings by making them swell and rendering them incompatible with petro based lubes.
ALSO SEE: Pool Pump Trips Breaker Immediately
List of Top O Ring Lubricant Substitutes
Do you need a better product to use to lubricate O rings?
Substitutes for your O Ring lubricant substitutes include:
- Silicone grease
- Dish Soap (I found Dawn really helpful)
- Corn head grease
- Mineral Oil
- Engine Oil,
- Baby Oil, Crisco.
- Engine Oil
- regular multi purpose grease,
- Hyd oil,
- Olive oil.
Most Successful List
But the best performing ones I love best are:
- Hydraulic repairs like Lucal Oil Stabilizer
- Motor Honey
For Water Soluable Situations
I have had the most success with:
- KY Jelly
- Brand Personal lubricant really works most when water is added.
- Murphy’s oil soap or paste is another decent one.