Although there are many steps on how to dispose of chlorine tablets safely, it sure does not involve tossing them in the trash – that is not a good option, and is often illegal.
How to Dispose of Chlorine Tablets
AVOID breathing that in as chlorine gas can do a lot of damage to you.
So, what can you do with unwanted chlorine chemicals?
- You can give them away to a neighbor or friend who will find them useful in their pool
- You can keep them dried and use them in your pool
- Store them when you have no need for them
- Chlorine can be used around your house.
- You can hire a HazMat company to take them away.
ALSO SEE: Best Weatherproof Outdoor Stereo Cabinet
How do I Safely Dispose Of Wet Chlorine Tabs
Tabs are generally unsustainable form of chlorine for spas and pools.
- DO NOT wear a mask so your nose can tell when you’re in danger.
- Wear rubber gloves if you want to fish them out
- Get a disposable tub and let them dry in those then you can reuse.
- Then you can reuse or give to a friend.