Clone X is the best rooting hormone for me. It’s easy to use and hard to mess up. The effect is long term and it hasn’t killed any of the cutting.
Dip N grow is a bit more complex but is very good too if used correctly. The results are very fast too and I’ll tell you this -it’s worth the price. It’s so potent that if you mistakenly splash this on an area where you don’t want roots to come out, they will.
Lastly, my experience with the two has shown that Clone X even with it being slower rooting than D&G clone X makes fewer but nicer thick white roots. D&G IS LIKE Forrest Gump, you never know what you’ll get.
In Summary: Pick D&G for speed and use Clone X for quality.
Dip N Grow Vs Clonex
HydroDynamics Clonex Rooting Gel
Check Price on Amazon
- Easy to apply
- Low pesticide residue level
- It comes in a larger bottle
- Sale price is cheaper compared to competitors
- It is neither bee nor vegan-friendly
- It’s shelf life is just 6 months
- It is relatively high in salt (~16% vs. other brands, which have ~9%)
Rooting hormone helps plant in developing roots on a cutting so that you can easily transplant it into the soil. It is a synthetic hormone that helps create root-like structures that are great for a plant during the rooting process.
We like this product for two reasons – the price comes at a steal compared to competing products. Second, the product is sold in a much larger size bottle than competitor products. You’ll enjoy a 95% more product.
ALSO SEE: Where to Buy Parafilm Tape?
DIP N Grow DG00201 Liquid Hormone Concentrate Rooting Solution
Check Price on Amazon
- Customer-friendly support
- Works great for either soil or hydroponics
- Works well with any cutting type, including flowering tips
- This makes your soil sticky and wet!
- This solution is prone to getting washed away.
- Be careful when using on 2/more plants growing from a single cutting as the concentrations are two or more times stronger than growing single stem cuttings.
The product is simple to use and can be used on soil or hydroponic application. It can be used to root almost any cutting including flowering or flowering tips.
Made in USA, this rooting hormone is non-GMO and has been proven to provide effective results.