While we have got a lot of producers and buyers focused on big TVs, there are still lots of small TVs that are decent and can hold their own spectacularly when it comes to gaming for PS5.
For the options of 42″-43″ inch sizes, you may not find the most advanced high-end options, but apart from these, there are some really good options you can decide to go for.
When looking for the best small Tv for PS5, some things you should be able to put into consideration are the refresh rates, the response time, and if it supports the next generations console features like the HDMI 2.1 and VRR.
BEST SMALL TV FOR PS5
LG OLED48XPUB Alex Built-In CX 48″ 4K Smart OLED TV(2020)
The LG OLED CX is a premium OLED TV, it is worth the price and it has a great picture/image quality, it has an incredible contrast, details, colors, and clarity.
The panel is thin, too thin for comfort and it has given some people the chills when mounting the Tv.
Some features supported by this TV include 4k HDR10, HLG-HDR, and Dolby Vision.
This TV has an Inbuilt web browser, Alexa, and googles assistant, other common applications you need can easily be gotten from the built-in LG content store.
When it comes to gaming, especially with PS5, it is not a good fit, although this TV is advertised as a gaming TV, it does not live up to its expectations in that regard.
Although from the specification, the TV is said to have 120HZ, 4k, HDR display, it is not true in totality, the HDR display supports only partial 2.1, it does have the 2.1 ports, but the hardware is designed only to handle 40 Gbps maximum in the place of the 48 Gbps. The HDMI 2.1 allows for a 12-bit signal at 4k and 120hz but the panel is incapable of doing just that.
It is also difficult to enable HDR on PC windows and the chroma subsampling is of very low quality as the 10-bit hdr is also false.
Using this TV for movie watching will be great due to its high-quality image, and it would be fine if you are using it to play games on a present-day console but anything like higher quality HDR setting with a new console won’t just cut it.
Pros of Using The LG OLED CX
- Beautiful OLED panel that produces quality pictures/images
- Tv setup is easy and seamless, it should however be handled with care because of its thin upper features
- Supports HDR formats like the Dolby Vision
- It can auto-detect X box, activate auto low latency mode, and also turn on the free sync variable refresh rate
- The panel has a better calibration and contrast than its previous predecessors.
Cons of Using The LG OLED CX
- Super thin on the sides and top half, making it difficult to move with the help of just one person.
- It is difficult to get the gsync PC gaming function to work
- It has a massive burn issue that occurs in 8 out of 10 Tv when used for gaming
- Many complaints about sound issues but once you can find the equalizer and tweak it to your liking, you won’t need to hook up a soundbar.
- The AI sound in the setting is garbage, it just won’t cut it
LG 65SM9000PUA Nano 9 Series 65″ 4k Ultra HD Smart NanoCell TV 2019 Black
The LG 65SM9000PUA Nano 9 Series 65″ 4K Ultra HD Smart NanoCell TV 2019 Balck is a smart high-end TV with a good interface and a great choice of Apps, it is the top of the line model and at the same time features a great picture quality. It is quite useful when it comes to the 4k HDR gaming as it is an acceptable experience, although the lightning zones are a bit lacking, it excels in terms of brightness, the TV lacks Steam link support and has a viewing angle that is just not acceptable, when used in low lighting it is worse.
Pros of Using LG 65SM9000PUA Nano 9 Series 65″ 4k Ultra HD Smart NanoCell TV 2019 Black
- It has a crystal/crisp picture quality
- It provided easy access to USB and HDMIs that are strategically placed behind the TV
- The processor, magic remote that feels like a mouse in your palms, the WebOs software all work as expected
- It has an intuitive user interface
Cons of Using LG 65SM9000PUA Nano 9 Series 65″ 4k Ultra HD Smart NanoCell TV 2019 Black
- Terrible to use in a dark room and looks rather great in a well bright and lit room
- The black uniformity is very weak
- It can only do 4k @ 120hz only when the 2.1 HDMI port is updated to the latest firmware.
Philips Ambilight 43PUS7304/12 TV 43 Inch LED Smart TV (4K UH Perfect Picture Engine, HDR 10+, Android TV, Google Assistant, Alexa Compatible) bright Silver (2019/2020 model)
This is a great TV with great picture quality, the 4k and HDR work very well for gaming, has an impressive backlight, simple remote control for using Bluetooth, it can enable streaming from computer to TV and you can control PlayStation without the gamepad. It has a great Ambilight that enhances the movie and reacts quickly to images.
TV can also run at 120hz at 1080p which is handy when it comes to gaming, it has an amazing HDR game mode setting, and with the combination of the Xbox series X series and hardware, games can run smoothly at 120hz at 1080p.
The Tv is easy to set up and connects to the Wifi connection with no problems whatsoever and does not disconnect.
The PlayStation use is amazing and it also provides you the option of updating/changing to HDR, you can adjust images to your liking while playing games, you can pipe video through the Xbox and it looks better than when using on the native application.
Pros of Using The Philips Ambilight 43PUS7304/12 TV 43 Inch LED Smart TV (4K UH Perfect Picture Engine, HDR 10+, Android TV, Google Assistant, Alexa Compatible) bright Silver (2019/2020 model)
- The picture quality is simply amazing and the price is okay for a 4k TV
- Have a good Ambilight that makes all the difference
- Have a decent sound quality
- Have a good and responsive user interface
- The remote does not require line of sight
- Ambilight creates the illusion of a bigger screen experience
Cons of Using The Philips Ambilight 43PUS7304/12 TV 43 Inch LED Smart TV (4K UH Perfect Picture Engine, HDR 10+, Android TV, Google Assistant, Alexa Compatible) bright Silver (2019/2020 model)
- It features light bleeding
- The Android OS tends to freeze a couple of times and to solve it, you need to have the power unplugged
- It suffers manufacturing issues like small cluster dead pixels
- The TV can only be controlled when you already have an Alexa enabled device, it is not built into the design
- It sometimes has an HDMI issue of not picking up any form of device.
ALSO SEE; Best 4k 60hz Tv For Ps5
Sony X85J 43 Inch TV: 4K Ultra HD LED Smart Google TV with Native 120HZ Refresh Rate, Dolby Vision HDR, and Alexa Compatibility KD43X85J- 2021 Model
This TV is super easy to set up, it comes with spacers that will put mounting bracket screw holes at the right depth for wall mounting or you can use it as a standing TV.
If you intend to use all the features of your TV, you will need to sign in with a Google account immediately after you put on the phone.
You can decide to use the Tv either as a display for other devices such as Roku, Apple TV, etc. But you will be unable to use any of the inbuilt apps for streaming video. Join the Tv to your network without signing in, you can access an inbuilt app for streaming like Netflix, YouTube, prime videos, etc.
But you will be unable to add any more applications because you would need to download those applications from the google play store.
Or you can access all the TVs features including adding applications as well when you join the TV to your network and sign in to Google with it as well.
This TV features a Dolby vision that offers better colors and dynamic range, it also has an HDMI 2.1 and 120Hz. This TV provides a fantastic picture, and excellent Image enhancement and works well across games.
Pros of Using Sony X85J 43 Inch TV: 4K Ultra HD LED Smart Google TV with Native 120HZ Refresh Rate, Dolby Vision HDR, and Alexa Compatibility KD43X85J- 2021 Model
- This TV is ideal for the next Gen gaming experience, with the game mode, games are running on it smoothly
- True to life colors and deep black all thanks to the Dolby vision
- It features a 120 Hz refresh rates
- It gives cinematic and immersive picture quality
- It comes with HDMI 2.1 ports that deliver 4K quality pictures
Cons of Using Sony X85J 43 Inch TV: 4K Ultra HD LED Smart Google TV with Native 120HZ Refresh Rate, Dolby Vision HDR, and Alexa Compatibility KD43X85J- 2021 Model
- Streaming games have latency issues and it is not ready for prime time
- To use the 4k 120 Hz, turn off motion flow and cinnemotion in addition to setting and putting it to enhanced
Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA Flat 65-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model).
the Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA 65″ has a 4k UHD Processor that optimizes up to 4k picture quality, has a dramatic contrast between black and whites, with the 4k feature, every scene is upscaled with enhanced picture clarity, it features a smart guide that helps you find what you intend to watch quickly.
The HDR feature enables you to see shades of color that reveal more details, it features an elegant slim design for a modern look you will enjoy, and it has a motion 120 that provides smooth action on fast-moving content.
The refresh rate is 60hz with a simulated rate of 120hz.
Pros of Using The Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA Flat 65-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model).
- It has a UHD Dimming that dynamically fine-tunes the depth of the blacks to the brightness of the whites for a picture with sensational contrast.
- It has a motion 120 that provides smooth action on fast-moving content.
- Every scene is upscaled with enhanced picture clarity
- It features a smart guide that helps you find what you intend to watch quickly.
Cons of Using The Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA Flat 65-Inch 4K UHD 7 Series Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR and Alexa Compatibility (2019 Model).
- For the Bluetooth, it has only Bluetooth audio for speakers and headphones are available
- The tv remote is not provided
Samsung 43″ QLED Q60R TV
The Samsung 43″ QLED Q60R TV has a 100% color volume that shows over a billion brilliant colors, a quantum processor 4K that intelligently upscales your movies or anything you are watching to 4k, it features a Quantum HDR 4X that shows shades of color and let details leap off the screen both in dark and bright scenes.
Has a real game enhancer mode that helps prevent tearing and stuttering giving you smooth life-like visuals along with cinematic sound.
Pros of Using The Samsung 43″ QLED Q60R TV
- It features an intelligent 4K processor that gives you a brilliant, crisp, and clear picture
- The Quantum Processor 4K instantly upscales content to 4K-level picture quality, even from non-native 4K sources
- delivers the lightest to darkest colors, scene by scene, for amazing picture realism rivaling OLED.
- An ingenious Ambient Mode allows you to customize the flat-screen TV with meaningful images for a perfectly natural effect
Cons of Using The Samsung 43″ QLED Q60R TV
- Samsung decided to show ads without the option of opting out
- The device only has HDMI cables, so it won’t support 4k at 120hz, but you can manage 1440p @120hz if you fiddle with it a little.