Toy photography often involves extremely close up. For close-up shots, the closer you get to your subject the less depth of field you will have to work with, with doll photography, having a good lens is important if not more important than having a good camera.
With doll photography, you do not necessarily need an expensive camera to take awesome photos of your dolls. All you need is a good lens and good lighting.
Best Lens for Doll Photography
While it is good to note that a good camera will give you more, having a great and compatible lens will do all the magic in making your dolls stand out.
Leica 11141 APO Summicron-M 50mm/F2 ASP Interchangeable lens
The Leica 11141 APO Summicron 50mm/F2 ASP Interchangeable lens features a great bokeh and the lens can be used wide consistently, it focuses precisely on your target spots, even with no lightroom work the colors in the images taken with this lens are pretty accurate.
It renders sharp and crisp images from edge to edge at the F stop.
The images from this lens are presented in the purest sense of imaging and it has great contrast, the lens has no operations, no soft edging or fringing, it is also remarkably light and small.
This lens offers an extremely soft rendering of the image areas that are blurred, the lens can maximize both details and contrast at full aperture.
The imaging performance of this lens is simply outs and if you are looking to take perfect pictures of your dolls, this is the lens to consider purchasing.
Pros of Using The Leica 11141 APO Summicron 50mm/F2 ASP Interchangeable lens
- The lens has a working range of 0.7m to infinity
- It features achromatic correction, which helps in correcting color error and minimizing color fringing at sharp edges
- It features a Leica M quick-change Bayonet
- Even at a close focusing distance, the lens achieves outstanding imaging quality.
- It is compact in design, making it very easy to use in everyday use.
Additionally, it has extendable lens hood shades that protect the front elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting.
Canon RF 50mm f/1.2l USM lens(Renewed)
The Canon RF 50mm f/1.2l USM lens(Renewed) is a refurbished or a pre-owned product, it is professionally inspected to work and looks like a new product.
The Renewed Canon RF 50mm has three Aspherical elements and one UD element, it has a 1.31ft ./0.40M as the minimum focusing distance and a fixed focal length lens with high image quality and an f/1.21 USM aperture for the EOS R-System.
It features a control ring for direct settings and a 12 pin communication system.
Taking advantage of the RF mount, this lens offers incredible optical quality and exceeds bright f/1.2 aperture at its maximum, in addition, it has 3 aspheric lenses for high image quality from center to center and a UD lens that helps in reducing aberration for minimized distortion throughout the plane.
It is designed to process data quickly with its 12 pin communication system that is the fastest in any canon camera/lens combination, this helps in simplifying complex operations and helps in providing a quick, reliable user experience.
It simply displays lens information right in the viewfinder making it very easy to confirm the lens focal length without looking away from the subject you are to take photos of.
This refurbished version is better in resolution, has a smoother bokeh, CA and LoCA are much better controlled, it is big and more heavy compared to the original version, and vignetting is still also the same as the older model.
It is super fast, has creamy bokeh, and it produces amazing images in perfect conditions to extremely difficult conditions like poor lighting.
The focus is extremely fast and the images are super sharp from 1.2 upwards, it performed well in any type of setting and it Is of good quality.
Pros of Using The Canon RF 50mm f/1.2l USM lens(Renewed)
- It has a lightning-fast autofocus
- It has a good picture quality
- It delivers consistent impressive performance with shallow depth of field
- It gives detailed and sharp results from the image center to the periphery.
- High incredible image quality edge to edge and even wide open at its f/1.2 maximum aperture.
ALSO SEE: Best Camera For Doll Photography
Sony FE 50mmF1.2 GM Full-Frame Large-Aperture G Master Lens
The Sony FE 5Omm F1.2 GM has the latest technologies that have the F1.2 resolution with a maximum aperture and a master G with a soft creamy bokeh feature.
It is fast, accurate, silent, and features autofocus tracking.
It also features a low vibration AF in both movie shooting and still image, it is lightweight and compact making it easy to carry about for all your shooting activities.
It is a camera lens that is worth having, it is ideal for both full-frame and APS- C2.
You can use this camera lens for professional portraits or landscape shooting, this lens gives you amazing clarity making any image taken with this lens come out crisp and neat.
You can select instant auto/ manual focus selection via the AF/MF switch and it has dust and moisture resistance.
It features two programmable focus-hold buttons for multiple selection functions with a fluorine front-element coating that held repels fingerprints and dirt.
Pros of Using The Sony FE 5Omm F1.2 GM Full-Frame Large Aperture G Master Lens
- Features a Nano AR coating II that suppresses reflection, flare, and ghosting
- Have a great bokeh as a result of having 11 blades circular aperture
- It features an F1.2 maximum aperture for extraordinary shallow depth of field
- Features stunning resolution because of three (XA) extreme Aspheric elements
- Have fast, precise autofocus.
Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M Aspherical Manual Focus Lens(11891)
The Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux- M Aspherical Manual Focus Lens(11891) has an optical structure comprising of 8 lenses in 5 groups.
It features an anomalous partial dispersion that is used to correct color rendition. It is the first glass that has featured the patented floating elements used to maintain an image at a very high level and in close focus range down to 0.7m.
This lens is virtually distortion-free. With this lens, there is almost little or no color fringing, the build quality is simply magnificent, distortion is quite negligible, and the build hood is very handy, apart from protecting the lens from stray light and dust.
The images were taken wide at f/1.featuresre a softness to them that is not common with any other type of lens.
It is a bit sharper and features a bokeh that is smoother and wide open.
Pros of Using The Leica 50mm f/1.4 Summilux- M Aspherical Manual Focus Lens(11891)
- It can shoot in any lighting condition
- It has a balanced contrast between light and dark
- It is lightweight
- From edge to edge it features little to no distortion
- It has sharpness in the subject, was wide open, and is a smooth, creamy bokeh with no worming.
Canon EF 300mmf/2.8L IS USM II Super Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
This lens is lightweight and lighter than its predecessor the Canon EF300mm f/2.8 IS II by 13%, it offers faster operation, better imaging quality, stabilization, and superior optics.
It features advanced coatings to help in minimizing ghosting, and flaring and additionally incorporating fluorite elements for reduced chromatic aberration.
It has a third image stabilization mode that activates IS when the shutter button is fully pressed. It also has a security slot for wire-type security locks.
It is razor-sharp across the entire frame with a bokeh that is simply astounding, it has a quality build, it is portable, and has a shoulder strap that helps carry it about.
The 300mm F/2.8 is a fixed focal length, it provides higher magnification for long-distance magnification, this lens is made from magnesium and titanium materials that are resistant to both dust and weather.
This photo lens is designed for taking long-distance shots.
Pros of Using The Canon EF 300mmf/2.8L IS USM II Super Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
- It has an extremely fast autofocusing system
- It features three modes of Image stabilization, focuses preset mode, and a 2.8l wide aperture that allows more light in the air for cleaner images even in low light environment
- It has a razor-sharp image quality, providing the best balance based on high-quality construction and long-distance shooting
- It has a hook for shoulder straps that makes it easy to carry about
- It is designed from titanium and magnesium material that makes it resistant to dust and water.
Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Nikon F(185955)
The Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Nikon F(185955) combines top-level optical performance and some amazing functionality all in one to bring out this force of nature, it is durable, portable, of high standards, and can be used for shooting any challenging shot.
When am looking for a lens that can give you top image quality then consider going for this lens as it delivers exactly that and more?
It has some advanced features that make it stand out from other lenses, features as Optical Stabilizer Operating System, SIGMA teleconverter compatibility, AF Function Switch, Advanced dust, and splashproof construction amongst others.
It can give you the highest level of photographic expression and optical performance. Fast-moving and distant objects can be shot easily with this lens, even in the most challenging of situations, you can be able to achieve an excellent shot with this lens.
What makes this lens stands out more is that it is fully customizable, giving photographers the ability to fully Create their specification, it is an ideal choice when you want to shoot challenging subjects like dolls, airplanes, wild animals, and even portraits are not exempt.
Pros of Using The Sigma 500mm f/4 DG OS HSM Sports Lens for Nikon F(185955)
- The lens barrel is made from magnesium alloy, this helps minimize the weight that is most times associated with a hyper telephoto lens
- It features an enhanced dust/splashproof construction and also has an exclusive protector
- It can be used for shooting in tough conditions
- It features a water and oil repellent coating at the front of the lens coating that allows water to be wiped away easily and helps prevent oil from sticking to the surface of the lens.
- It has an AF Function Switch that allows you to set your autofocus specification.
Leika 90mm f/2.0 Apo Summicron M Aspherical Manual Focus Lens(11884)
Leika 90mm f/2.0 Apo Summicron M Aspherical Manual Focus Lens(11884) is a high and fast computed performance for both photojournalism and portraiture, you can take photos of your subjects conspicuously from a distance, it permits a relatively fast shutter speed that prevents any form of blurred images as a result of camera motion.
With APO corrected quality and Aspherical lens surface, this lens sets standards in the short telephoto lens categories.
It is an ideal lens for photojournalism, portrait photography, and even theatre.
It gives soft pictures with signature color fixing most especially when you are taking portrait photography.
It features an achromatic design that uses two anomalous partial dispersion glass elements to eliminate virtually chromatic aberrations and color fringing and bring about color accuracy and improved clarity all through the aperture range.
Pros of Using The Leika 90mm f/2.0 Apo Summicron M Aspherical Manual Focus Lens(11884)
- Has the ability to gather detailed and excellent detail and color in landscape scenes
- It features amazing clarity and micro-contrast
- Best used for portraiture, photojournalism, and theatre
- It features a built-in sliding lens hood
- It features a manual focus design that permits working with subjects as close as 3,3′ away.